How to Prepare for an Energy Audit?
During an energy audit, our auditors examine the inside and outside of your home or facility, and compile additional information by interviewing the home or business owner.
Before the auditor visits, you should do the following:
- Make a list of any existing problems such as drafty rooms and condensation.
- Log on to your utility company's website and print out copies of one year's monthly energy bills. You can also request these records from your utility company. Auditors use this information to establish a history of your energy use.
These are some of the typical questions that we ask. Your answers may help uncover some simple ways to reduce your household's energy consumption.
- How many people live here?
- Is every room in the house or commercial facility in use?
- Is the home occupied during business hours?
- What hours is the commercial facility not in use?
- What are the average thermostat settings for the home or facility during summer and winter months.
Contact QVINTA to learn more about energy audits or to schedule one for your home or business.