Why Do You Need an Energy Audit?
Through the energy audit process, you will learn energy-saving strategies to lower your energy costs and save money. Recommend appropriate energy conservation procedures, estimate labor and materials costs for energy retrofits and project savings expected from retrofits. Our auditors will be able to recommend energy-efficient products and services for your home or business.
QVINTA'S energy audit process will help you:
Identify the sources of health and comfort issues:
- Cracks in door jams, walls, floors and ceilings that allow weather and pollutants to enter from the outside;
- Sources of moisture that can contribute to the growth of mold and mildew on the premises, and;
- Indoor pollutants, including carbon monoxide from combustion appliances, gases and their by-products.
Identify the existence of costly energy vampires, such as:
- Inefficient appliances,
- Wasteful energy use, and
- Air leaks.
Air leaks alone can waste up to 30% of energy use in your home or business. Such leaks can occur in a variety of locations, including:
- Windows and doors: 18%-20% loss
- Floors and below-grade space: 15%-18% loss
- Walls: 12%-14% loss
- Ceilings: 10% loss